|Player:||SK Warne, IR Bell, A Flintoff, PD Collingwood, KP Pietersen, MS Panesar|
|Event:||England in Australia 2006/07|
DateLine: 23rd December 2006
Australian betting agency Centrebet on Friday said it was predicting master leg-spinner Shane Warne would end his career with a total of 709 Test wickets.
Warne, who announced earlier this week he would retire from international cricket after the final two Tests of the Ashes series, needs only one more wicket to become the first bowler to take 700 Test scalps.
Centrebet believes the most likely victim for the 700th wicket is England's top order batsman Ian Bell, who is at odds of 6-1 for this dubious place in history. Captain Andrew Flintoff and Paul Collingwood are at 13-2 while Kevin Pietersen is at 7-1.
The agency believes bowler Monty Panesar is set to be Warne's final wicket, placing him at 3-1 for this distinction.
Centrebet is listing odds of 33-1 that Warne does not take a wicket at either Test in Melbourne or Sydney. "Warney's never gone wicketless in two straight Tests so he's long odds not to reach 700 and I reckon he's got another 10 wickets left in him before he retires," Centrebet's Neil Evans said.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE