|Event:||South Africa in Pakistan 2007/08|
DateLine: 21st October 2007
South African all-rounder Vernon Philander has returned home after failing to recover from a hamstring injury during the tour in Pakistan, a team official said Sunday.
The 22-year-old suffered a hamstring strain before the five-match one-day series started last week and was ruled out of the first two matches.
"Philander left on Saturday as medical reports said that he would require another two weeks to return to full fitness," team spokesman Michael Owen-Smith said.
Owen-Smith said no replacement has been sought for Philander.
South Africa play the third one-day international against Pakistan in Faisalabad on Tuesday.
The Proteas won the first match in Lahore by 45 runs before Pakistan levelled the series with a 25-run win on Saturday -- both in Lahore.
Philander made his one-day debut against Ireland in July this year and has since played five one-dayers and as many Twenty20 internationals.
(Article: Copyright © 2007 AFP)
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE