|Event:||South Africa in Pakistan 2007/08|
DateLine: 21st October 2007
South African all-rounder Vernon Philander has returned home after failing to recover from a hamstring injury during the tour in Pakistan, a team official said Sunday.
The 22-year-old suffered a hamstring strain before the five-match one-day series started last week and was ruled out of the first two matches.
"Philander left on Saturday as medical reports said that he would require another two weeks to return to full fitness," team spokesman Michael Owen-Smith said.
Owen-Smith said no replacement has been sought for Philander.
South Africa play the third one-day international against Pakistan in Faisalabad on Tuesday.
The Proteas won the first match in Lahore by 45 runs before Pakistan levelled the series with a 25-run win on Saturday -- both in Lahore.
Philander made his one-day debut against Ireland in July this year and has since played five one-dayers and as many Twenty20 internationals.
(Article: Copyright © 2007 AFP)
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE