DateLine: 15th January 2009
Lowerhouse have signed Australian Damien Wright as professional for 2009.
Wright is a 33 year-old fast-medium bowler and right hand batsman and has been a regular member of the Victorian state side since transferring from Tasmania in 2008. He has taken 290 wickets in 90 first-class matches to date and 131 in 102 one-day games. He averages 25 with the bat at first class and 17 in one-day cricket. In the current season he has secured 19 wickets at an average of 18 and scored 155 runs at 38.8. He has made eight Australia A appearances and had two stints in County cricket with Northants and Glamorgan.
Chairman Stan Heaton said: “We are very pleased to have signed Damien. We were keen to obtain the services of a fast bowling all-rounder and his experience particularly in the UK should be very beneficial to the team. I’m sure he will have a marked effect on all the players, particularly the many young players coming through, and will be very popular with the members and supporters.
"Wright follows a long line of quality professional successfully acquired by M.D. Dave Wren . Andrew MacDonald (test) and Ryan Harris (20/20) currently enjoying national call ups. "
Lowerhouse wish to thank Gary Hunt of Cric-Intro for his assistance in the signing.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE