|Player:||A Symonds, RT Ponting, SR Watson, SR Watson|
DateLine: 22nd January 2009
Australian skipper Ricky Ponting has indicated that due to a crammed international tour ahead none of his teammate would be able to play in the second edition of the Indian Premier League. Ponting urged Cricket Australia prioritise the team's schedule so that he could have all the big players fit for important series like Ashes.
"There has been a lot made about that (the IPL) and we might have one week after Pakistan in Abu Dhabi or wherever it may be. I think we need to worry about the international program before we worry about the IPL," Ponting said.
Australia have a non-stop cricket schedule until May 2010 as they will play 26 Tests and about 54 ODIs and 20 Twenty20 internationals apart from domestic Twenty20 tournaments like Champions League.
Australia are already grappling with injuries to many players like all-rounders Andrew Symonds and Shane Watson.
"I think the players, Cricket Australia and the players' association need to start prioritizing which of the tournaments that we want to have the team as fit and raring to go as best we possibly can," Ponting was quoted as saying by the Australian.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE