|Player:||A Symonds, RT Ponting, SR Watson, SR Watson|
DateLine: 22nd January 2009
Australian skipper Ricky Ponting has indicated that due to a crammed international tour ahead none of his teammate would be able to play in the second edition of the Indian Premier League. Ponting urged Cricket Australia prioritise the team's schedule so that he could have all the big players fit for important series like Ashes.
"There has been a lot made about that (the IPL) and we might have one week after Pakistan in Abu Dhabi or wherever it may be. I think we need to worry about the international program before we worry about the IPL," Ponting said.
Australia have a non-stop cricket schedule until May 2010 as they will play 26 Tests and about 54 ODIs and 20 Twenty20 internationals apart from domestic Twenty20 tournaments like Champions League.
Australia are already grappling with injuries to many players like all-rounders Andrew Symonds and Shane Watson.
"I think the players, Cricket Australia and the players' association need to start prioritizing which of the tournaments that we want to have the team as fit and raring to go as best we possibly can," Ponting was quoted as saying by the Australian.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE