|Player:||A Symonds, DS Lehmann|
DateLine: 22nd January 2009
Former Australia batsman Darren Lehmann feels Australia are missing Andrew Symonds in the one-dayers and urged the injured all rounder to return "as soon as possible".
"We need Symonds' experience and his explosive talent in the one-day format -- they have missed him," former Test batsman said.
"Hopefully, he gets fit and ready to go so he can get back into that one-day side as soon as possible," Lehmann was quoted as saying by 'The Australian'.
The 33-year-old Symonds, who is recovering after a knee surgery, will be measured for a domestic match next week. He is also anticipated to take the field for the Gold Coast Dolphins against Redlands at Kerrydale on Saturday.
"He knows what he has to do to get right. I have no doubt he will make runs and he will be in form when he comes back for Australia -- he's a quality player," Lehmann said.
- England in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- India in Australia 2014/15
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa Women in India 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE