|Player:||A Symonds, DS Lehmann|
DateLine: 22nd January 2009
Former Australia batsman Darren Lehmann feels Australia are missing Andrew Symonds in the one-dayers and urged the injured all rounder to return "as soon as possible".
"We need Symonds' experience and his explosive talent in the one-day format -- they have missed him," former Test batsman said.
"Hopefully, he gets fit and ready to go so he can get back into that one-day side as soon as possible," Lehmann was quoted as saying by 'The Australian'.
The 33-year-old Symonds, who is recovering after a knee surgery, will be measured for a domestic match next week. He is also anticipated to take the field for the Gold Coast Dolphins against Redlands at Kerrydale on Saturday.
"He knows what he has to do to get right. I have no doubt he will make runs and he will be in form when he comes back for Australia -- he's a quality player," Lehmann said.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE