|Player:||A Symonds, BB McCullum|
DateLine: 23rd January 2009
New South Wales have branded all-rounder Andrew Symonds a 'hypocrite' for labelling the team's decision to recruit New Zealand wicket keeper batsman Brendon McCullum for the Twenty20 final against Victoria as un-Australian. Symonds claimed that NSW did the wrong thing in hiring McCullum in place of a homegrown player for tomorrow's Twenty20 final.
Former Australia pacer and NSW chief executive Dave Gilbert said the Blues were within their rights to sign McCullum.
"I think it's a little hypocritical of Andrew Symonds," Gilbert fumed.
"After all, he's happy to sign with the Deccan Chargers and deprive some local of a spot in their side. He can't have his cake and eat it too. If this final was in isolation we wouldn't have brought McCullum over, but the Champions League has put everything into a different stratosphere.
"There is so much at stake and they are talking around USD 4 million for the winner," said Gilbert.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE