|Player:||RS Dravid, SC Ganguly, Kapil Dev, SM Gavaskar, MS Dhoni|
DateLine: 7th February 2009
Mahendra Singh Dhoni led cricket team on Thursday created a new Indian record of winning nine One-dayers on the trot after defeating Sri Lanka by 67 runs in the fourth match.
The winning streak had started with the home series against England in November last year. India had blanked England 5-0 in the seven match series, which was cut short due to Mumbai terror strikes. India has convincingly beat Sri Lanka in the all four ODIs in the five-match series and is nearing the umber one spot like never before.
Prior to this record, India had established the eight-match winning streak four times, with last being under Rahul Dravid in 2006. India had defeated Pakistan and England four times each under Dravid in early part of 2006. Sourav Ganguly had also led India to eight consecutive wins during the World Cup in 2003.
First time India had achieved the feat when it won five matches under Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev in 1985.
Australia holds the world record of 21 wins in a row which it established by winning matches between January and May 2003.
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in New Zealand 2015/16
- UAE Associates Matches 2015/16
- West Indies in Australia 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE