|Player:||A Flintoff, A Khan, RS Bopara|
|Event:||England in West Indies 2008/09|
DateLine: 20th February 2009
England have called up Kent seamer Amjad Khan and Essex all-rounder Ravi Bopara as cover for the injured Andrew Flintoff in the West Indies. Khan and Bopara had been with the England Lions squad in New Zealand but will now travel to the Caribbean. Uncapped Khan, 28, who was born in Denmark, was last involved in the England squad in India before Christmas, when he replaced the injured Ryan Sidebottom. Bopara, 23, last played for England in the one-day series against India. His last Test was against Sri Lanka at Galle in December 2007.
Flintoff, 31, has been struggling with a hip problem during the current third Test in Antigua and will undergo a scan tomorrow. Flintoff has a suspected muscle tear in his right hip but has not been ruled out of bowling today if required in Englandís bid to level the series. With back to back Tests in Barbados and Trinidad starting next Thursday, however, Flintoff's latest injury setback is a blow to England's hopes of overturning their current series deficit.
He only began the campaign after passing a fitness test on a left side strain. Flintoff only returned from a long-term ankle injury for the second Test of four against South Africa last summer.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE