|Player:||A Flintoff, A Khan, RS Bopara|
|Event:||England in West Indies 2008/09|
DateLine: 20th February 2009
England have called up Kent seamer Amjad Khan and Essex all-rounder Ravi Bopara as cover for the injured Andrew Flintoff in the West Indies. Khan and Bopara had been with the England Lions squad in New Zealand but will now travel to the Caribbean. Uncapped Khan, 28, who was born in Denmark, was last involved in the England squad in India before Christmas, when he replaced the injured Ryan Sidebottom. Bopara, 23, last played for England in the one-day series against India. His last Test was against Sri Lanka at Galle in December 2007.
Flintoff, 31, has been struggling with a hip problem during the current third Test in Antigua and will undergo a scan tomorrow. Flintoff has a suspected muscle tear in his right hip but has not been ruled out of bowling today if required in Englandís bid to level the series. With back to back Tests in Barbados and Trinidad starting next Thursday, however, Flintoff's latest injury setback is a blow to England's hopes of overturning their current series deficit.
He only began the campaign after passing a fitness test on a left side strain. Flintoff only returned from a long-term ankle injury for the second Test of four against South Africa last summer.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE