|Event:||England in West Indies 2008/09|
DateLine: 27th February 2009
Andrew Flintoff's immediate future should become clearer on Friday with the ECB expected to make an announcement over his rehabilitation from the hip injury that ruled him out of the fourth Test in Barbados. He was at the Kensington Oval on the opening day of the game to receive further treatment on the problem he picked up in Antigua. The fact that more information is set to be released mid-way through this game suggests that it won't be positive news.
There are various scenarios that could be explored, including sending him home for a short period to try and recover for the one-day series which starts on March 20. However, the decision may be taken to rule him out of the rest of the tour so he can recover in time for the home season. One other factor to take into consideration is the IPL, in which Flintoff is due to play for three weeks as part of the Chennai Super Kings. Earlier this week he said he was confident about his fitness for that stint.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE