|Event:||Australia in South Africa 2008/09|
DateLine: 4th March 2009
Steve Magoffin, the Western Australia fast bowler, will fly to South Africa as cover for Australia's struggling attack following niggling injuries to Ben Hilfenhaus and Peter Siddle. The squad has already been expanded by Brett Geeves, who is there in case Doug Bollinger fails to recover from a stomach problem in time to be considered for Friday's second Test in Durban. Siddle and Hilfenhaus played key roles in Australia's opening victory in Johannesburg as the inexperienced line-up out-gunned the home team. However, Siddle's left foot is aching following the game - he spent most of January out with a similar injury - and Hilfenhaus, who made his debut, has lower-back soreness.
Magoffin, a tall bowler capable of gaining uncomfortable bounce, currently sits second on the wicket list for the Sheffield Shield with 38 and has 191 first-class victims at 27.90. Siddle and Hilfenhaus will continue to receive treatment in the lead-up to the second game. The young attack was chosen for the tour due to long-term injuries to the regulars Brett Lee and Stuart Clark.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE