|Scorecard:||India Women v Pakistan Women|
|Player:||AA Deshpande, R Dhar|
|Event:||ICC Women's World Cup 2008/09|
DateLine: 7th March 2009
India opened the World Cup with a convincing 10-wicket victory against an over-powered Pakistan that was completed in 39 overs. After winning the toss in Bowral, India quickly dismissed Pakistan for 57 and then Anagha Deshpande and Anjum Chopra knocked off the runs with ease.
Deshpande picked up 26 off 37 balls and Chopra had 17 from 23 when the target was achieved in 10 overs. The result gave India an excellent start in Group B and their main rivals England also began well.
Sana Mir top scored with 17 in a disappointing list, with Nain Abidi the only other batsman to reach double figures with 11. The innings started horribly for Pakistan and they were 7 for 25 before a 30-run stand between Mir and Asmavia Iqbal, who spent 36 balls over her 9.
Rumeli Dhar did the early damage and finished with 3 for 7 off eight overs, including five maidens. Amita Sharma's 2 for 9 and Priyanka Roy's 2 for 13 helped finish the innings off.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE