Born at Bubwith, Howden, Yorkshire, 4th July 1858.
Died in the U.S.A. as a result of a motor accident, 24th August 1914.
The son of Martha A.Carmichael, farmer, of Till Hill, Tilford, Surrey. He was educated at Cranleigh School and was tried by Surrey in fourteen matches 1876-81.
The 1881 Census shows him, aged 22, a farmers son, at Till Hill, Tilford, Farnham, Surrey. His widowed mother Martha A., aged 54, was born at Thorparch, Yorkshire, and is described as a farmer of 300 acres employing 10 men and 3 boys. Her elder daughter, Hannah M., aged 24, and two sons, John, aged 22 and Colin, aged 18, are all born at Howden, Yorkshire, but her younger daughter Caroline Paine, aged 16, is born at Farnham, Surrey. They have a visitor, Hannah Kirk, a widow aged 56, born at Thorparch, Yorkshire (a sister?). There is one domestic servant and one farm servant.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Australia Tri-Nation Women's T20 Series 2019/20
- Bangladesh in Pakistan 2019/20
- England in South Africa 2019/20
- ICC Women's Championship 2017/18 to 2020
- India in New Zealand 2019/20
- New Zealand in Australia 2019/20
- Qatar Tri-Nation Women's Twenty20 Tournament 2019/20
- South Africa in India 2019/20
- South Africa Women in New Zealand 2019/20
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2019/20
View all Current Events CLICK HERE