'Harry' Symonds had a fine record as a left-handed batsman and spin bowler with the Cardiff club either side of the Great War.
His efforts at club level also resulted in a regular place in Glamorgan`s team for their Minor County matches from 1908, and in 1912 he also represented South Wales in their match against the South Africans.
After captaining Cardiff C.C. in 1920, Symonds won a place in Glamorgan`s County Championship side in 1921 and he continued to play for the Welsh county until 1925. Despite his success at club level, he never scored a century for Glamorgan, with his highest score being 76 against Worcestershire on his home wicket at the Arms Park in 1922.
After retiring from playing cricket, Symonds acted as the Manager of the Cardiff Arms Park Greyhound Racing Company.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- Australia in India 2022/23
- England in New Zealand 2022/23
- England in South Africa 2022/23
- ICC Women's Twenty20 World Cup 2022/23
- New Zealand in India 2022/23
- Pakistan Women in Australia 2022/23
- Singapore Women in Cambodia 2022/23
- South Africa Women's International Twenty20 Tri-Series 2022/23
- West Indies in Zimbabwe 2022/23
View all Current Events CLICK HERE