|Ground:||County Ground, Hove|
|Scorecard:||England Under-19s v Bangladesh Under-19s|
|Player:||Noor Hossain, SA Northeast, Anamul Haque|
|Event:||Bangladesh Under-19s in England 2009|
DateLine: 24th July 2009
Bangladesh U-19 have registered their first win of the tour when they humbled England U-19 by 53 runs. It was a wonderful performance from the Bangladeshi bowlers who not only kept a lid over the scoring but also picked up important wickets at the crucial juncture to puncture the English chase.
Bangladesh were kept down to a paltry score of 192. Opener and wicketkeeper Anamul Haque showed the needed application as he was the top scorer in a disappointing batting scorecard. The Bangladeshi side lost wickets almost regularly and it seemed that they would not cross 150 run mark, but late order sensible batting from Noor Hossain helped push the score past the 150 run mark. For England Azeem Rafiq, Riazuddin and Briggs took two wickets apiece.
The English team in reply were never at ease against an accurate Bangladeshi bowlers as they kept a tight leash over the English batsmen. With long periods where scoring became almost nil, the batsmen manufactured shots only to be dismissed regularly. Northeast continued with his good run with the bat against Bangladesh but only this time he could not take the team to win.
- Australia Tri-Nation Women's T20 Series 2019/20
- Bangladesh in Pakistan 2019/20
- England in South Africa 2019/20
- ICC Women's Championship 2017/18 to 2020
- India in New Zealand 2019/20
- New Zealand in Australia 2019/20
- Qatar Tri-Nation Women's Twenty20 Tournament 2019/20
- South Africa in India 2019/20
- South Africa Women in New Zealand 2019/20
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2019/20
View all Current Events CLICK HERE