|Ground:||Seddon Park, Hamilton|
|Scorecard:||New Zealand v Bangladesh|
|Player:||Shakib Al Hasan, Mahmudullah|
|Event:||Bangladesh in New Zealand 2009/10|
DateLine: 17th February 2010
Though the Bangladeshi side with vital contributions from Mahmudullah and Shakib al Hasan avoided the follow on the hosts have taken complete command over the Test match. When bad light brought an early end to the day's play New Zealand were 9 for the loss of one wicket.
Resuming the day at 87 for 1 the Bangladeshi batsmen did not find scoring easy as the Kiwi bowlers ere all over the visitors. The Kiwi seamers bowled a tight line and length to prevent the Bangladeshi batsmen from launching into any sort of counter attack. the visitors collapsed to 196 for 6 with the danger or follow on looming over them. But in skipper Shakib al Hasan and Mahmudullah the visitors found two resolute batsmen as the visitors mounted a stunning fightback.
The pair added 145 runs in 39 overs to help the visitors avoid the follow-on. The visitors were finally dismissed for 408 runs handing New Zealand an over-all lead of 145 runs.
The Kiwis in reply scored 9 runs for the loss of one wicket.
- England in Pakistan 2021/22
- England Women in Pakistan 2021/22
- Gibraltar in Malta 2021/22
- ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2021/22
- ICC Men's T20 World Cup Sub Regional Africa Qualifier 2021/22
- ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier Europe 2021/22
- ICC Women's T20 World Cup Americas Region Qualifier 2021/22
- ICC World Cup Super League 2020 to 2022
- ICC World Test Championship 2021 to 2023
- Sierra Leone in Nigeria 2021/22
- Valletta Cup 2021/22
View all Current Events CLICK HERE