|Ground:||Adelaide Oval, Adelaide|
|Scorecard:||Australia v England|
|Player:||MEK Hussey, GP Swann|
|Event:||England in Australia 2010/11|
DateLine: 7th December 2010
England have finally exorcised the ghost of Adelaide four years later with this emphatic win. A resurgent English side crushed pathetic Australia by an innings and 71 runs to claim a 1-0 lead in the five match legendary Ashes series.
Graeme Swann was the wrecker in chief as he finished with five wickets for 91.
The tourists supported by their loyal Barmy Army literally swept aside the hosts as they claimed the final wickets with consummate ease. After Hussey fell the English bowlers claimed three wickets in four balls with James Anderson removing Brad Haddin and Ryan Harris with successive balls and Marcus North following two balls later to Swann.
Hussey was out for 52 in the third over of the second new ball by Steven Finn. Hussey attempted a pull shot but top-edged to mid-on where James Anderson took the catch. Haddin was caught behind off Anderson for 12 and the ball after the break Harris was out lbw for a first-ball duck. North was out lbw to Swann after an England referral before England mopped up the last wickets of Xavier Doherty and Peter Siddle to claim victory.
- Australia in India 2022/23
- England in South Africa 2022/23
- ICC Women's Twenty20 World Cup 2022/23
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2022/23
- New Zealand in India 2022/23
- Pakistan Women in Australia 2022/23
- Singapore Women in Cambodia 2022/23
- South Africa Women's International Twenty20 Tri-Series 2022/23
- West Indies in Zimbabwe 2022/23
View all Current Events CLICK HERE