DateLine: 25th October 2015
Rawtenstall have signed Saliya Saman as professional for 2015.
The Sri Lankan, who was professional at Millom last season, has two centuries as sub professional for Ramsbottom in as many appearances.
Pithigala Arachchi Saliya Saman Jeewantha has 2115 First-class runs at 27.5 with one century and 166 wickets at 22.6 with his right-arm fast-medium bowling since his debut in 2004.
The 29 year-old will be Rawtenstall's second Sri Lankan professional after Nilantha Cooray who was at the club in 2011.
Vinny Hanson said:"It has been a positive couple of weeks for us with Joe McCluskie taking on the role of first XI skipper and now securing the services of Saliya Saman as professional for the 2016 season.
Saliya has a wealth of experience as professional in the UK and we are delighted to get him signed up in such a timely manner. He comes highly recommended as a coach and as a person in general and we hope he will make a big impact with his all-round cricketing ability.
I would like to thank Rob Ashwell of Ace Cricket Exchange for facilitating things in such a professional and hassle free way."
- England in India 2020/21
- England in Sri Lanka 2020/21
- ICC Women's World Cup 2020/21
- ICC World Cup Super League 2020 to 2022
- India Women in Australia 2020/21
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2020/21
- New Zealand in Australia 2020/21
- Pakistan Women in South Africa 2020/21
- South Africa in Pakistan 2020/21
- West Indies in Bangladesh 2020/21
View all Current Events CLICK HERE