|Player:||JM Anderson, MA Wood, JT Ball, ST Finn|
|Event:||England in Bangladesh 2016/17|
DateLine: 29th September 2016
England bowlers James Anderson and Mark Wood have been ruled out of Englands tour of Bangladesh following a recurrence of their recent injuries.
Swing bowler Anderson has been withdrawn from the Test squad due to an ongoing injury to his right shoulder. He requires more time to ensure optimal healing of a stress fracture he sustained during the summer.
Durham seamer Wood has had a recurrence of left ankle symptoms. He will miss the three One-dayers starting on Friday October 7 in Dhaka and the two Tests later in the month.
Both players will be reviewed by the ECBs medical team on a regular basis and further updates will be provided on their progress in due course.
Middlesexs Steven Finn is added to the ODI squad. Nottinghamshires Jake Ball is added to the Test squad and selectors will consider a further replacement for the Test squad at a later date.
(Article: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author only.
Copyright © 2016 England and Wales Cricket Board)
- Australia Women in India 2022/23
- Bangladesh Women in New Zealand 2022/23
- England in Pakistan 2022/23
- England Women in West Indies 2022/23
- ICC Men's T20 World Cup Sub Regional Africa Qualifier Group B 2022/23
- ICC World Cup League Two 2019 to 2023
- India in Bangladesh 2022/23
- Kenya Tri-Nation Women's Twenty20 Series 2022/23
- Netherlands Women in Thailand 2022/23
- South Africa in Australia 2022/23
- West Indies in Australia 2022/23
View all Current Events CLICK HERE